Parents in New York and across the country should always feel that the products their children use are safe. Various brands recall numerous children’s products each month due to dangerous defects, including items like toys, medicines, and clothes.
March 2021 Recalls:
Several items were recalled in March of 2021, including the following:
- Drugs: Evrysdi is a prescription drug withdrawn by the manufacturer Genentech because the packaging did not meet safety requirements.
- Bedroom furniture: Platform Bed Frames from Global Homes showed an impending danger of crushing or collapsing. The HOFISH Hybrid 10-inch foam spring mattress failed the required flammability test. The manufacturers recalled both. Additionally, Casa Kids recalled its Cabina bunk beds due to loose screws.
- Booster Seats: Cambria 2 Booster Seats from Diono failed a child restraint standard test, and the manufacturers had to recall them.
- Toys: The Shephard Boy Plush Toy from Parker Squared had a laceration hazard because of metal wire exposure, leading to a recall.
Dangers of Using Children Products that are Defective:
Faulty products for children can cause a lot of harm, including:
- Cuts, scrapes, and bruises
- Broken bones
- Severe injury or death
It’s important that companies that manufacture products meant for use with children create products that are safe and that feature adequate warning labels, preventing potential misuse. Companies that fail to do so could face liability in court if a child is injured and the family pursues a personal injury claim. A lawyer could help determine the details of a case and assist in pursuing compensation.